We are seeking passionate, energetic and caring dance teachers and to join our dedicated team. VDC offers quality dance classes for all abilities in Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Lyrical and Pre-school dance in a supportive and family-friendly environment. We emphasize proper technique, while encouraging creative expression. We believe that a child’s self-esteem and identity are enhanced through dance and it is our goal to promote a positive self-image.
Want to be a part of our team?
Virginia Dance Center is growing!
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated teachers across a range of dance disciplines, including ballet, hip hop, jazz, tap and pre-school dance.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has previous teaching experience
- Has an interest in working with a variety of ages and abilities
- Has a passion for teaching dance and working with children
- Is open to feedback and has a desire to grow as a teacher
- Has exceptional communication skills and is prompt in meeting deadlines
- Approaches teaching in a supportive and nurturing manner
- Has a genuine interest in watching dancers grow and progress
- Wants to be part of a team dedicated to the healthy development of children and teens
Roles and Responsibilities
- Teach dance classes to dancers of various ages and abilities with patience and a supportive approach
- Plan and deliver engaging and appropriately challenging lessons that develop solid dance technique
- Edit music for performances
- Choreograph age-appropriate dances for annual storyline recital
- Complete student placement evaluations
- Meet deadlines for completing choreography, editing music, selecting costumes, etc.
- Attend scheduled staff meeting (approx. 4 per dance season)
If the above description sounds like the job you are looking for, we would love to hear from you. Please email your resume, along with a cover letter to Regan@vadancecenter.com. To complete your application, please also follow the TEACHING STAFF – APPLY NOW button below and complete our Employment Application.
Location: Virginia Dance Center
9806 Cockrell Road
Manassas, VA 20110
VDC's Core Values
Imagination – We are passionate about encouraging students to use their imagination and creativity to express themselves in a supportive and encouraging environment.
Inspiration – We are passionate about inspiring each student to explore, create, collaborate and persevere in the process of learning so that they may reach their full potential as dancers.
Confidence – We are passionate about teaching and interacting with our students in a way that consistently demonstrates how highly each of our students is valued so that their experience promotes increased confidence.
Family-friendly – We are passionate about encouraging a family-friendly environment where students of all ages and abilities are welcome and music, movement and costumes are age-appropriate.
Love of dance – We are passionate about developing each student’s dance skills and technique in such a way that will instill a love of dance that grows deeper and stronger with each passing year.