Are you looking for a fun part-time position for a little extra money or just to get out of the house one evening? Virginia Dance Center is looking for a part-time administrative assistant/receptionist to work the front desk at our busy dance studio in Manassas. We refer to our admin team as our “Customer Care Team” and we are looking for an individual who excels at building relationships with customers.
VDC offers quality dance classes for all abilities in Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip Hop, Lyrical and Pre-school dance in a supportive and family-friendly environment. As a Customer Care team member, you are the first and last point of contact with our dancers and their families each day. The first and foremost goal in this position is to build relationships and connect with our registered dance families and make new families feel welcome when they visit or inquire about classes.
As a Customer Care Team Member, your duties will include:
- Ensure outstanding first impressions by warmly welcoming everyone to VDC
- Answer all incoming phone calls in a professional, courteous and timely manner
- Be the first point of contact in handling customer inquiries
- Coordinate new student enrollment, including welcome tours of the facility
- Update Studio Director, Active Campaign and other studio software as needed
- Use student registration system & collect payments for monthly tuition and sales
- Fit and sell dance merchandise, including shoes and dancewear
- Assist with inventory of merchandise
- Assist with organization of costumes for annual student performances
- Manage and maintain the front lobby and waiting areas
- Reply to customer text messages and emails
- Follow up with families to bring accounts current or check on dancer absences
- Assist teaching staff with student measurements, attendance and other items outside of the classroom as needed
- Other administrative tasks as needed
Days and Hours:
The hours for the current position are on Mondays from 3:15-8:30 pm weekly. Candidates must be available during these hours.
This is a long-term position with potential to increase the weekly hours. Additional hours may also be available covering for other shifts.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is outgoing with a positive attitude
- Is service and people-oriented
- Enjoys working with and around children
- Thrives in a busy (and noisy!) environment
- Is self-motivated and reliable
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Is organized and pays attention to detail
- Is neat and professional in appearance
- Is comfortable with computer software, including Microsoft Office, Google Drive and Google Sheets
- Has previous customer service experience
- Knowledge of dance is helpful, but not necessary
If the above description sounds like the job you are looking for, we would love to hear from you!
1 – Submit a cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please include a brief description of why this job description appeals to you and why you believe you are a good candidate for the position. All resumes submitted without a cover letter will be deleted without being considered.
2 – Complete the application by following this link: https://forms.gle/DHKxdmpQSGhv6W696
Location: Virginia Dance Center
9806 Cockrell Road
Manassas, VA 20110